Collection of Information
We collect personally identifiable information, like names, postal addresses, email addresses, etc., when voluntarily submitted by our visitors. The information you provide is used to fulfill your specific request. This information is only used to fulfill your specific request, unless you give us permission to use it in another manner, for example to add you to one of our mailing lists.
The site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the site, and understanding how visitors use the site. Cookies can also help customize the site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology, however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
Distribution of Information
We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when:
- Permitted or required by law; or,
- trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or,
- Investigating fraud which has already taken place.
The information is not provided to these organisations for marketing purposes.
Commitment to Data Security
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorised employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information.
All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings.
Websites with information with regards to Protecting Minors
The following sites have useful information or programs for protecting minors from problematic online content
- AccuPos: Point of Sale and Online Shopping Safety Guide
- CBTPlanet: Computer Security in the Social Media World
- Certstaff: A Comprehensive Computer Safety & Security Guide
- Cyberangels: World’s oldest and largest Internet safety organisation
- Cyber Safety – an interactive guide to staying safe on the Internet
- Comparitech: Educating parents and children about how to use the Internet safely
- KidShield: Tools and information to create a safety net for your children online
- Mobilebroadband: index to resources for Internet Safety for Kids
- NetSafe: the website of the Internet Safety Group of New Zealand
- ProtectKids.com: Protecting children in cyberspace
- SafeKids.com: Making your family’s online experience fun and productive
- WiredSafety.org: the world’s largest Internet safety and help group